Image Map

Batteries Not Included

28 March 2013



So now we're all caught up. My bug turns A MONTH OLD tomorrow? How the hell did that happen? I swear it was just yesterday I was at the hospital yelling at my blood pressure cuff and now here I am a mommy of almost a month.

So the boyfriend and I have still been putting things together and setting stuff up for the baby and my god is it annoying. I have to say, the last time I used batteries for anything other than a remote was years ago. But baby shit requires 1794862 batteries. Why?! Why does every damn baby item we own require batteries? Even my breast pump that I'm so in love with, how many batteries you ask? 6 batteries. SIX. Is that a fucking joke? I'm trying to pump a little milk out of my ladies and apparently I need to harness energy equivalent to that of power plant.

And not only that... Half the stuff requires those giant ass batteries. And they are NOT cheap by any means. I should have invested stock in energizer damn it. And the more I think about it the more I realize I will not be living a battery free life any time soon. Shortly she'll be playing with all those blinking, noisy, migraine inducing toys that all require batteries. None of which are ever included. Cool. This is a revelation I'm not happy to have made. Oh well. Rant over... Well for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment