Image Map

24 on the 24th

24 July 2013

Well the dreaded day has come.

I'm officially an old lady.

24 years old. Wow.

And how did I spend my day you ask?

I was at work.

Yep. Sitting at a desk answering the phone all day pretending like I give a rats a** about what anyone has to say.

And I mean, I've got the I'm-totally-concerned-for-you-and-care-about-your-needs tone-age down pat... but I couldn't help but want to spend the day lounging with bug and boyfriend.

Not even doing anything birthday-ish...just being together all day would have been nice.

But instead I was banging my head against a metaphorical wall praying to the birthday gods that the day would fly by.

And I have to admit, it may not have flown, but I managed to get through the day without punching anyone in the face and that alone is a miracle.

And I suppose it wasn't so bad when coworkers brought me a cake...


...and balloons...and my favorite coffee from crackbucks starbucks....but still.

Now I'm in bed with boyfriend and bumpy asleep beside me, and bug snoring away across the room. And even though it's not much, it's not a gift that comes wrapped, or something with a giant price tag attached...it's these moments that make all the sh*tty ones mean absolutely nothing. And for that I couldn't be happier.


No comments:

Post a Comment