Image Map

Crispy And Buttery Golden Potatoes

02 August 2013

I like to think that I'm a lady of many trades....

I LIKE to think that...it does not in fact mean it's true.

But when I find something I love...no matter what it is...usually I dive into it prettttty whole heartedly.

Well the same goes for recipes I love. When I find something I really like that's easy to make, well lets just say that makes me one happy mama.

This recipe is almost too easy. There are almost no ingredients and most of those ingredients many households have on hand at all times. WONDERFUL.

Count my ass in.

So here it is:


Ingredients:

1 Bag of Golden Potatoes
3 Tablespoons of Butter
1 Can of Chicken Broth
Garlic Salt, Salt, & Pepper to Taste

This Recipe is so easy you can't really mess it up to be honest.

So first you need to wash the potatoes and cut them into good sized chunks, I cut mine into about 6 pieces.

Place them along with the butter into a deep pan (preferably cast iron as I'm sure they would cook and crisp much better but a standard nonstick pan worked equally as well for me). Now each potato should touch the pan on at least one side, that will work best for when were in the browning state, this is why the amount of potatoes to use can vary slightly. I used less than 1 bag for this recipe.

Add chicken broth or stock half way up the pan, which was about half a can for me, salt (easy on the salt because its a fairly salty dish) ,pepper, and garlic salt, place a cover on the pan at medium to high heat and let cook for about 15 minutes or until tender.

Remove the cover and allow the remainder of the broth to evaporate for 15-20 minutes.

Once all the liquid had been cooked out allow the potatoes to brown on each side.

Voila!

Delicious, super flavorful, crispy, buttery, savory, easy-peasy potatoes. A PERFECT side for any chicken dish and makes about 4 servings.

Try it and let me know what you think!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment