Image Map

Bibliophile

29 March 2014


I had to....

but no for real.

I have been on a serioussss reading kick lately.

Soooo so far in 2014 I've read the Divergent trilogy.

Spoiler Alert: Last Book= Dumb

Well...in my opinion...

Anyyyywho.

I've also read The Fault in Our Stars.

Awesome...just....awesome.

And now I'm currently on the third book in the Lunar Chronicles series, which is turning out to be a surprisingly awesome series.

It is totally not something I would go for.

I was really really drawn to the cover (which unlike popular belief I DO literally judge a book by its cover), but every time I read the back I was like..."meh not for me"

Over and over and over.

But this book kept coming up on my good reads list (If you're a reader and you don't have a good reads account...shame on you) of recommended titles...and it's basically the only series in the YA section at Target that I haven't read.

So I said fuck it, I'll try it...and I am SO glad I did.

I'm currently reading the third book Cress which so far is great.

It's very much not like any other series I've read.

Often times I've found (much like movies) the 1st is far superior to any sequel.

And there are so many times I feel authors draw out a series if they have a large fan base.

Which, ya ok...that's great and all but after the 5th book in a series usually I'm pretty much like "okkkkkk...I'm ready for an ending now".

Obviously, there are clear exceptions to the rule (Harry Potter...duh)...but it becomes clear when an author is no longer writing for the love of writing or to truly make sure their series has come full circle and they're writing to put out more books.

This is NOT one of those series AT ALL. And I enjoyed the 2nd book as much as the first. In fact, on good reads as the series progresses each book gets a higher rating than the last.

I'm kinda trying to take my time with this book simply because the last book isn't due out until sometime in 2015...womp womp.

But anyway, just thought I'd share my obsessive love of reading with you :)

Now tell me, do I have any fellow bibliophiles out there?!

Share with me what you're reading!!








No comments:

Post a Comment